Bridge to the Doctorate Fellowship Program
The 2016-2018 BD Fellowship Application is Available NOW through this link!
To apply, please download and fill out the form above and drop it off at the CMSE office. Also complete the form in the other link above to indicate that you have filled out an application - thank you!
Under the auspices of the University System of Maryland and the National Science Foundation, the LSAMP Bridge to the Doctorate Fellowship is a highly competitive program designed to encourage and support UMD graduate students pursuing degrees in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. More importantly, the program specifically seeks to support graduate students who graduated from an LSAMP undergraduate institution and participated in an LSAMP program during their matriculation.
The program is committed to:
- Fostering a diverse and interactive science community
- Broadening minority participation in the STEM fields
- Increasing the number of advanced degrees obtained by underrepresented students
The program offers:
- Student stipends, up to $32,000 annually
- Tuition and fee supplement, up to $12,000 annually
- Faculty mentoring and advising
- Links to research and internship opportunities
- Opportunities to participate in national and professional conferences
- Enriched academic services and support
- Must be admitted to a University of Maryland College Park Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) M.S. or Ph.D. program for Fall
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Provide evidence of participation in LSAMP programs from the LSAMP Director or designee at undergraduate institution
Center for Minorities in Science and Engineering
1131 Glenn L. Martin Hall Bldg #088
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20742-3011